Saturday, October 18, 2014

Another LOAD and an exciting new class

I'm halfway through another layout-a-day and so far I'm on track. I think this is my ninth LOAD - wow, hard to believe! It took me a couple of times to catch on, but since the third one I've managed to at least complete all of the layouts within the month (although a few times I had to play catch-up at the end of the month). Anyhow, that's a lot of layouts!

The question often comes up in different forums about how to organize all of those layouts. For me what has worked so far is to just put my layouts into albums as I create them, so there's no particular rhyme or reason to each album. For the most part that has worked for me. But occasionally I want to find an older layout, and as the number of layouts grows, it's becoming harder and harder to remember when or for what purpose I made that layout and therefore where to find it.

So I'm starting to rethink that "organization" strategy. I'm considering rearranging my old layouts to group them by subject and loosely chronologically. It's a daunting task, though, and one I'm not sure how to tackle.

Because of this, I'm really excited about a new class that Debbie Hodge is offering at Get It Scrapped called Curated Albums. The class involves taking your best pages from the past, curating more stories, and filling in the details with new layouts, then putting them all together in a manageable-sized book. It sounds like a great way for me to deal with my hodgepodge of layouts and try to make sense of them.

This class is being offered separate from the regular Masterful Scrapbook Design membership. It runs for four weeks, starting November 4, with new class materials and also a live "office hours" session (my favorite part!) each week. Registration is open until November 9 , but the class is on sale this weekend! - 33% off through Monday, October 20.

For more information about the class and/or to register, click here. If you still have questions, you can leave a comment here and I'll try to get the answer for you, or you can go directly to the source - check out this thread on the Get It Scrapped website forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment