Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I always thought...

that I'd be a career woman. My mom always worked as I was growing up (later I learned it was because she had to), and I always planned to also. I had a B.S.-Math degree and a MBA, and I enjoyed my work as a statistician/research analyst.
     But two miscarriages the year before my first son was born made me ralize just how lucky I was to be having a child, and it made me want to be at home with him. And Pat was in total agreement, since his mom had always been at home. Three more sons and 24 years later, I know it was the best decision I ever made. Although days could be crazy, and sometimes I felt like being in an office might be easier, I wouldn't change it for the world! It allowed me to see every "first" and all of the day-to-day and eventually to homeschool all of them through high school.
     I'm glad I got the education I did in college, and I'm glad that I got to use it directly for a few years. But I'm super glad that I "gave it up" to raise my boys. It's not the life I envisioned, but SO much more!


(This was done for LOAD212 in response to the journaling prompt "I always thought..." on day 7 - 2/7/12.)

No comments:

Post a Comment